Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Power of Christian Music


When you think about how Christian music has great themes of the attributes of our Triune God, the glories of our redemption or the struggles of the Christian walk; have you ever thought about how Christian music disciples believers?  Music that has great Christian themes teach us and embed in us great biblical themes that are used to help us in our Christian walk.

This aspect of discipleship is true whether we are talking about contemporary Christian music or hymns.  I love great hymns like: Holy, Holy, HolyAnd Can it BeAmazing GraceBe Thou My Vision, and Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing . . .  and I truly enjoy singing “contemporary” music like: Forever, Everlasting God, God of WondersHere I Am to WorshipIn Christ AloneMighty to Save, and 10,000 Reasons.

Now many of the songs listed above I can easily sing with other believers in a church setting or conference.  However, there are also songs that have deeply impacted my Christian walk that are only used for personal listening and worship.  What I mean by personal listening is that I have never heard of congregations using them.  I had a great time recently when I reminisced how the Lord used certain music to really minister to me in my early Christian years.  I recommend taking some time to listen to the songs the Lord used at different times in your life to minister to you.  

Song: Without Him We Can Do Nothing by Petra 




Song: Let Everything That Hath Breath by Petra



Song: Praise Ye the Lord by Petra 





Song: The Word Stands Forever by Ruscha



Learn about there background in Russia here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivLPo7EJfY4

Song: Man With A Mission by The Allies




Go ahead and take the time to look up the older songs that the Lord used in your life many years ago...